Friday 10 May 2013

Nothing But Ambient Energy

Sometimes I sit in my local and people watch, sometimes I talk to friends or acquaintances or strangers, sometimes I ignore the people around me and indulge my virtual self in an environment of ambient noise, music and a good pint.

Today there are no friends around and the people are not interesting enough for me to glean any enjoyment from observing them. What is noticeable however, regardless of how dull their activities may be, is how much energy so many of them have. A quick scan of the room shows that those sat down are gesticulating in passionate conversation, those stood up are either moving to the music, visibly enjoying the beat, or just out and out dancing.

There is something very fulfilling about being in a room with such a crowd. As long as I can maintain a comfortable distance from them.

I feel the energy, the potential, the enthusiasm oozing out of them. It fills the room, the air. And I am more than happy to soak it up, to store it for later use. I see raw energy exuding from other patrons, merging into one communal and flowing into me. I drink deep and I feel better than after a large meal.

After a large meal you can feel bloated, full. But there is no upper bound on the amount of energy you can absorb. No limit on potential.

So I drink deep, smile and feel just that little happier than I did before.

No comments:

Post a Comment